If you think an allegation of sexual harassment, retaliation, or discrimination will never be made against your organization—think again. Employment-related claims impact organizations of every size, in every industry and can disrupt businesses, hurt employee morale, damage reputations and cost businesses financially. Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) may be the answer.
For an additional level of protection, many companies choose to purchase EPLI. This coverage is designed to provide employer protection from employee claims of discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment and emotional distress, and includes coverage for defense costs and damages.
More importantly, we encourage you to take preventative measures, so that your organization is less likely to experience this sort of behavior.
- Train staff to appropriately prevent, identify and respond to workplace discrimination
- Establish an effective internal complaints procedure
- Appoint trained harassment contact officers
- Treat all complaints seriously and investigate them and act promptly
- Monitor the workplace environment and culture
- Provide all employees with information and awareness training
Merriam Insurance recommends that you take the necessary steps to reduce your liability and protect your organization from the costly consequences of ignoring this important workplace issue. Contact us to discuss your options.
Colorado Springs, CO