School Insurance Program
Filling in the missing pieces of insurance policies for schools.
Every school has unique risks which the school insurance policies are intended to cover. Unfortunately, most school insurance policies have gaps and holes. Are you and your staff properly covered? Will the insurance company defend the staff and faculty – or only the organization? Do you and your staff know how to respond to a crisis before it happens?.
Overlooking a little coverage gap can cost thousands of dollars. Our team will systematically review your risks and liabilities, make recommendations for best ways to address them, and connect you with the best insurers and risk management services in the industry, to create a right-sized package that meets your unique needs.
We ensure that nothing will interfere with, or delay your progress. While you focus on education, we fill in the missing pieces.
We include the following areas of liability in school insurance reviews:
- Employee Practices
- Stolen Equipment
- Transportation Liability (Bussing, drop-off and pick-up)
- Field Trips
- Special Education
- Student Violence/Crisis
- School Board Liability
- good risk management will reduce your total cost of risk (premiums + deductibles + uninsured risks)… and insurance companies like good risk management.
- we communicate through the year to help you improve your risk management so you can take better control of your insurance premiums at the next renewal.
Comprehensive coverage and great risk management result in the following:
- Improved safety for students, employees and the public
- Conserved financial resources
- Reduced total cost of risk (premiums + deductibles + uninsured risks)
- Protected Staff and Board Members from various liability
- Reduced risks in school activities
- Reduced hazards
- Preparedness for your future renewals
Protect your resources. Improve your bottom-line. Further your impact.
One-Stop shopping. Broad Expertise. Great service.
- All Lines of Insurance: Whether you need property & liability, health & benefits or any other type of insurance, our experienced team is ready to partner with you and make your job easier.
- Broker: When you need to shop & compare, we put the package out to bid to ensure that every insurer is working off the same applications and documents.
- Award-Winning Service: Year-after-year, the Merriam Agency delivers Award-Winning Service… and the awards back the claim.
Expertise. For over 30 years, I've been blessed with diverse experience and many opportunities to listen and develop solutions to meet my clients' goals. I enjoy serving non-profit organizations as a risk management consultant and insurance broker.
Partnership. Partnership with our clients is founded on award-winning service, eduction and solid risk management expertise. Many clients think of our team as an extension of their own staff, providing insight, guidance and insurance brokerage services. It is a privilege to be recognized as a valued partner in helping our partner-clients achieve their risk management and financial goals.
Education. I’m fortunate to interact with great leaders as I teach about insurance and risk management... a normally-tedious topic which we seek to liven up through interactivity, discussion, and real-life examples. We bring a national perspective to the discussion to ensure relevance and practical application. In our seminars and discussions, we promote a wholistic risk management philosophy with practical steps for each person to take back and implement.
I welcome any questions you might have. I would enjoy the opportunity to chat on the phone about your goals, speak with your board about their role in risk management, facilitate staff workshop, or explore whether it might make sense for the Merriam Agency to be your insurance broker.
• Insurance for Non-Profit and Social Service Organizations
• Cyber, D&O, & Employment Practices Liability
• Professional Liability & Medical Malpractice
• Unique & Hard-To-Insure Risks
Colorado Springs, CO
Schenectady, NY Toll-Free:
(877) MERRIAM x 219
(877) 637-7426 x 219
It’s not often that I have been with agents who are as informed and knowledgeable as Jon Barron. He was very professional and personable. Thank you to Merriam Insurance and to Jon for the service you give.”
– Bob Simms, Board President, Pueblo, CO