Church Insurance Coverage
Fill out an application online. We will review it and contact you as soon as possible.
Custom-tailored insurance & risk management plans for your church
You should be able to rest assured knowing that your insurance policy covers and considers everything necessary to run your ministry. From youth activities to community outreach ministry, a variety of risks and liabilities threaten the safety and influence of your church. We offer Church Insurance coverage to meet the needs of your congregation and ministry, including: the physical building and contents, theft, pastoral counseling, directors’ and officers’ coverage, and much more. The Merriam Insurance Agency will evaluate potential risks of the church and tailor a plan that addresses those needs by A-rated insurance carriers.
Risk Management Advice for Churches - Staff Members & Volunteers
- Choose staff members and volunteers with utmost care.
- Bookkeepers, drivers, and youth workers, for example, should be carefully screened.
- Require a written application for volunteer, as well as paid, positions. These applications should have reliable references listed; as a church member or leader, reach out to these references to get an honest assessment of the applicant.
- Conduct background/criminal records checks.
- Be attentive to negative information about any worker.
- If anyone feels unsafe with a staff member or volunteer, it is important to investigate further into the issue and the possible harm done or threatened.
- Set restrictions and boundaries for those employed by or volunteering under your church to abide by.
- Any ignored allegation could potentially pose risks; liability and punitive damages, for example, are not covered by insurance. Church board members may also face personal liability if steps are not taken to ensure the safety of the church, once a potential risk of harm has been identified.
For more risk management and insurance information, call or email us! Be sure to check out our blogs, articles, and social media pages, and fill out the application for church insurance.
What you're saying about us...
“We were able to reduce our budget significantly while maintaining the same level of health insurance coverage as before. I would be happy to recommend your agency’s services to anyone who might be considering any form of insurance coverage.”
– Rev. N. Bradley Jones / Christ Church
“Words cannot express how much we appreciate you taking the time to help us with our insurance needs. Your diligence, understanding of our situation, patience with us, and personal attention during our time of transition from one agency to another cannot be overstated. The savings we realized on our premiums will be a significant help to us.”
– Bro. Jim Jordan, Executive Director / Mission of Hope Ministries, Inc.