Bundling Your Insurance: What You Need to Know
Obtaining insurance for your home and auto are necessary expenses. One of the easiest and most common ways to save money on those expenses is to bundle your home and auto insurance. In addition to the potential discounts, which can vary from 10 to 20 percent depending on the company and state in which you reside, the convenience of having one bill for both your home and auto insurance is an additional benefit.
Furthermore, the more insurance you purchase through the same company, the more discounts you may receive. Some of the discounts that Merriam Insurance clients receive come from:
- Owning multiple cars
- Owning both a home and at least one car
- Adding a Personal Umbrella policy
- Owning a secondary or vacation home
It is important, however, to remember that price isn’t everything, and having the proper coverage is of the utmost importance. Here are some recommendations for better bundling:
- Compare quotes for bundled policies from several insurers. An independent insurance agent is able to get prices from multiple companies. Agents who sell exclusively for one company can only offer discounts available with that insurer.
- Take some time to explain the details of your life to the insurance agent, so they can recommend an insurance company that will be good long-term partner for you.
- Regularly review your home and auto policies, to make sure they are up to date. We recommend speaking to your agent for a review at least every 3 years.
Merriam Insurance clients get better prices for the same products when they consolidate the insurance companies they use. We will be sure you have the right coverage for your investment. Being underinsured is not something you want to find out after you call to make a claim.
Be a smart and efficient insurance consumer! Contact a Merriam Insurance representative today to determine how bundling will work best for you.
Latest posts by James Dick, CPCU, AAI (see all)
- Buying a House? What You Need to Know about Home Insurance - May 2, 2019
- Cyber Crime Now Affects Everyone - April 15, 2019
- How to Insure Your Valuables - April 4, 2019