“Yes, is this the insurance agency? I need car insurance. The cheapest you have!” For many people, the monthly premium is the most important factor in choosing car insurance. They may try to pay attention to having “good coverage,” but often are not sure what that means, and end up paying the most attention to what is most straight-forward: the monthly cost.
While one should absolutely search out a fair price, there are other important items to also consider when shopping for car insurance. Here are a few of the most important matters:
- Premium. This is what you pay each month.
- Problem Solver. When there is a problem with your insurance, who is going to solve that problem? Will there be additional fees? Will they be accessible?
- Ease of Solving Problems. Some insurance companies are easier to work with than others.
- Claims Service. When you have an incident, will you receive a quick response and fair treatment?
- Coverage. This can be complex. We recommend you contact a Merriam Insurance representative to learn more.
- Stability. Over time, how stable will your premium pricing and service remain?
Remember, Merriam Insurance recommends that before you purchase car insurance, you ask the insurance agent about all six of the items listed above, and not just about the monthly premium.